Enhanced Wall Mounting with hidden cables
Enhanced TV wall mounting with 10 year guarantee on wall fixings
- Our fully qualified AV installer We will carry out a site assessment,
- advise you on suitable screen positioning and suitability of wall.
- advise you on cables and connections for present and possible future applications .
- Provide floor protection to working area. Cover room with dust sheets.
- Check wall with detector to insure there are no pipes or electrical cables.
- Securely fix bracket to wall using correct type of wall fixings,
- Hide cables . If the wall is solid brick , block , or dry lined we cut a channel into the wall to hide cables , we then re-plaster
leaving you an undercoat finish to decorate this will require a light sand down and fine file before repainting .
if the wall is an internal hollow stud wall cable will be feed through the wall. if any stud work is impairing cable routes, cut across studs
and re-plaster holes
- Setup/ calibrate and tune TV , label inputs on TV menu if this function is available. Connect to any equipment. We will also check the settings on any equipment connected to ensure you achieve the best possible picture and sound quality.
- Tidy connection leads and Leave all cables neatly cable tied.
- We carry a wide range of leads, cables and Audio visual accessory’s on our vans and can supply any required to complete the installation these are of course supplied at addition cost these We will inform you and discuss any additional costs involved prior to action.
- Provide written receipt of works, including a 10 Year guarantee on screen fixing and a Two Year guarantee on supplied
- Provide copy of public liability insurance on request
Parts included cost:
Bolts and fixings
Parts we can supply at extra cost if required:
Wall mounting bracket
Flat wall mount
Pull out turn and tilt Arm bracket
Leads & Cables:
HDMI ,Ethernet, Audio RCA, Optical, VGA etc
Parking costs .Congestion charges.
Aerial installation. Sky installation,
rewiring sky or aerial more than 2M, trunking. home cinema setup or installation .
reinforcing plasterboard wall, for any of these additional services please ring for prices.
Tips and ideas
Your new TV will be your pride and joy, you will have given a lot of thought to the size make type of TV it may be Plasma LCD or now more frequently LED. With new technology’s evolving such as 3D and internet enabled TV s there is so much to consider .
Just five years ago most people just watched TV , now they are used for playing games . web browsing , watching movies combined with surround sound systems. You also can steam sound and pictures directly from your computer or pictures and music from smart phones via Apple TV.
Don’t get caught out, as many do. They carefully determine the TV that suits their needs, but fail to give the same considerations to location, positioning, cabling, components, wall fixing and installation.
Positioning of TV
One of the main factors you will have to consider is the placement of the TV screen, of course such things as the size and space you have, will go a long way to determining where the screen will be placed also think about lighting and reflections from any windows.
We would advise about mounting height on day of installation as every room and seating position varies. But as a
General guide if you were sitting 3-4m back from screen the height of screen should be 1m to bottom of TV.
Another major consideration would be, where the equipment such as sky , Virgin DVD etc. will be located.
The choices are on a shelf system located either under the TV or to the side
or in some type of floor standing media cabinet or piece for suitable furniture
Another choice would be to locate your equipment in cupboard.
You could also consider placement in an adjoining room.
It would still be possible to control kit by IR relays to send the your remote signals through the wall or through closed cupboard doors.
Type of Wall mounting bracket
You should consider the type of wall mounting bracket the choices are
- Flat wall mount
- Super slim mount
- Tilt mount
- Pull out turn and tilt arm bracket
- Ceiling mount
We carry all of these on the Van with exception of ceiling mounts
We would prefer to supply the wall as we can then ensure the best mounting solution to suit your TV, type of wall and viewing positioning requirement.
If you do choose to provide your own bracket we will have no problem using it but bear in mind that only parts supplied by Master AV Services are covered by our guarantees.
Your Last and very important decision is cable management
Often completely overlooked and yet the most professional looking, cosmetically pleasing and tidiest outcome… The Absence of Wires!
The options are to hide cables in surface trunking or to hide the cables into the wall .
Contact bonding, surface mount, white plastic trunking. This sticks and sits upon the wall surface. Cables are placed inside the trunking, which is sealed with a clip-on capping (lid). You can paint this solution to match your decorative preference.
This is the more popular method and when complete delivers a true “cable-free” appearance. Our approach to your cable concealment depends on your wall type.
For hollow walls, i.e. plasterboard stud construction, we can generally feed the cabling through the cavity.
For solid brick block or dry lined plasterboard, we cut a narrow channel into the wall, before recessing the cables in the channel and plastering over.
We plaster to an undercoat finish. You will need to apply a secondary finish with a fine filler, before performing a final rub down with a sanding block.
In all cases a brush plate is used on cable exit, giving a neat and tidy finish.